Creation of Purfina Portugaise
Elf inaugurates a new blending of lubricants
Elf Portugal Productos Petroliferos is created
Gas Portugal (Elf subsidiary) is created
Hutchinson create a research center
Consolidation of the oil distribution activities of Total and CEPSA
The first presence of the Group in the country dates back to 1951.
1951, the CFP takes a 9% stake in the company SACOR (Sociedad Anonima concessionaria de rafinaçao), owner of the Lisbon refinery. This financial transaction is accompanied by a 10-year 2.25 MT delivery contract and a shaping contract for the CFP to supply CMC and CFDPA products.
1955, Creation of Purfina Portuguese
1988, Elf’s Lubricants Branch opens a new lubricant production plant in Portugal.
1989, Elf Aquitaine creates a subsidiary for the distribution of petroleum products, Elf Portugal Productos petroliferos.
1990, Creation of company Gas Portugal (Elf subsidiary)
1990, Diagnostics Pasteur (Elf subsidiary for the distribution of diagnostic products) takes a 50% stake in the Portuguese company Biodiagnostico.
1992, Total is chosen as Petrogal’s industrial partner in the privatization of the downstream in Portugal.
1993, Total acquires a painting distribution company in Portugal.
1997, Kalon (Total subsidiary specializing in painting in buildings) increases its stake in Flexcote in Portugal from 40 to 100%.
1999, Hutchinson creates a research site in Portugal.
2008, April 10, Consolidation of the oil distribution activities of Total and CEPSA, representing 300 gas stations and 11% of the Portuguese oil market, managed by CEPSA.
2011, Total signs an agreement to sell its stake in CEPSA, which owns 3 refineries and 1,750 service stations.