Total in Chile
Creation of Total Chile
Total has been active in Chilie since 1996, and in the marketing of petroleum products since 2005.
• 1996, the Cordillera de Gasandes Foundation is created, it is linked to the Gasandes pipeline, of which TOTAL owns 56.5%).
• 2000, Total acquires a stake in pipelines in Argentina, Chile and Brazil (TCPL).
• 2001, Total acquires the shares of Gasandes Chile with assets in the gas transmission networks.
• 2007, TOTAL obtains the block of Otway at the end of the year.
• 2013, TOTAL and SunPower launch new solar power plant developments. SunPower is both a panel supplier and builder of the Salvador power plant (70 MWp), in cooperation with TOTAL, a shareholder (20%) of the 70% funded project by US development bank OPIC.
• 2017, SunPower completes the construction of the El Pelicano solar farm (111 MWp).