Jean d'Herbès - CFPA Deputy Director General
Born on 30 September 1926 in Avignon (Vaucluse). Lycée Gouraud (Rabat), Lycée Lyautey (Casablanca), Saint-Louis (Paris), Centrale Paris, École nationale supérieure des pétroles et des moteurs. Drilling engineer (1951), then equipment control engineer (1953) at the Chérifienne des Pétroles. Joined CFP-Algérie in 1955, head of the equipment department, head of the preparation, studies, training department (1956), deputy director and head of the programmes department (1957), head of the new works department (1958), head of the Hassi Messaoud division (1960), technical director (1964), director (1967), then deputy managing director (1969-1977) and director of CFP-A, of which he was one of the key players, both at the time of Hassi Messaoud's development and after the Evian agreements.
Director of Production at CFP from 1972 to 1976. Director of Total-Coopération industrielle from 1976 to 1987. Co-Chairman (1983), then Honorary Chairman of the Institute for the Development of International Cooperation. Has published or coordinated the publication of books on international cooperation. Died November 22, 2014.