Pierre de Tillesse - Vice-President of Petrofina
Born in Tervuren in December 1924. Doctor of Applied Sciences from the Catholic University of Louvain in 1947. Entered Petrofina in 1948, working in oilseeds, exactly in Palmafina; he then became director of Oléochim, then managing director of this company in 1965. Joined Petrofina as deputy managing director, in charge of petrochemistry of Petrofina in 1968, then managing director of petrochemistry in 1971. He played a key role in the development of the petrochemical branch of the Belgian group, as well as in the paint sector. He was appointed managing director, then vice-president of the Group in 1985: his agreement with Jean-Pierre Amory, president, was underlined. Member of the Management Committee of the Federation of Belgian Enterprises from 1981 to 1990 and of the National Chemistry Committee of the Royal Academies of Belgium. President of the Federation of Belgian Chemical Industries in 1979-1980. President of the Professor de Duve's Cellular Pathology Institute (1988-1991). Died in June 2006.